Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Canggu, Bali

    May 19, 2017 in Indonesia ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    Canggu is amazing! It's a tiny laid back beach town with surfers everywhere. We finally decided to rent a scooter and it was such a good idea. 50,000 IDR for 24 hour ($4.50 NZD)... what a deal. Andreas got to use his mountain biking skills on the tiny cobblestone roads and in the crazy traffic of Bali. We are pretty sure there are no road rules and whoever sticks their nose in first has the right of way. Needless to say, I was very happy riding on the back. Andreas has been encouraging me to drive but I don't think I'm ready yet. Filling the scooter up with gas is an adventure in itself. You get it on the side of the road out of Absolute Vodka bottles and it's about $0.60 (NZD) for one liter. I wonder how many people have acciddently drunk it.

    One evening while in Canggu we drove to the nearby Tanah Lot Temple to watch the sunset. The place was packed because every tourist in the area does it but it was very beautiful. We've been hanging out with a French girl, an Italian girl, and two Egyptian guys. We all went to a beach party and plan on meeting up later on down the road.
    Read more