Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 185

    Jaipur, India

    November 14, 2017 in India ⋅ 🌫 25 °C

    It's official, Whit and I have been traveling for half a year and have visited 13 countries! Among countless experiences, we've partied on the Gili islands in Indonesia, scuba dived in the crystal clear waters of Malaysia, zip-lined through the jungle in Laos, meditated at the temples in Cambodia, sung Karaoke in Japan, and hiked the Himalayas. Despite the trials that come with long term travel (mostly missing all you wonderful people), this adventure has been life changing. We are truly blessed to have had the opportunity to do this trip and I couldn't have picked a better partner-in-crime to do this with.

    Back to business as usual, Jaipur was a nice first taste of India's Rajasthan state. We stayed in a flash social hostel, meeting lots of other travelers and went out for the evening to an Indian club offering free alcohol to the ladies. Jaipur's main attraction is the Amber fort, an immense castle and walled city. While we didn't want to front up the extortionate prices to head inside the fort, Whit and I hiked up (for free) the ridge opposite the fort to watch the sunset. It was a lovely way to spend the evening.
    Read more