Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 367

    Cartagena, Columbia

    May 15, 2018 in Colombia ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Can you believe it?! One year ago, Whitney and I set off on our world adventure. Since I was a teenager I dreamed of doing a trip like this but the reality of doing it completely dwarfs the fantasy. We've seen amazing places, met wonderful people, and had some of the greatest experiences of our lives so far. As we are close to, but not at the end of our trip yet, I'll save the reflective/sentimental post for then. Nevertheless, I felt that this milestone needed a tiny bit of recognition. To celebrate this moment we had some cocktails with friends on Cartagena's fort wall during sunset. It was stunning.

    Cartagena is a vibrant city on the north coast of Columbia. The 'Old City' (tourist district) is encircled by an ancient stone wall and the beautiful Spanish buildings inside are jammed together like sardines. While there isn't much to do in Cartagena, getting lost in the Old City is almost a tourist's rite of passage which Whit and I comfortably achieved. Our other activities in Cartagena were visiting the mediocre Inquisition museum (don't go) and watching street performances in a popular city square whilst drinking cheap local beer (do go).
    Read more