Satellite
Show on map
  • Easy Streets in Porto

    September 19, 2021 in Portugal ⋅ ⛅ 63 °F

    On the ground here for four days now. It has been fantastic. Our Airbnb is five minutes walk to the city center. The weather is still really nice with morning temps at 60f warming up to the low 70's in the afternoon. Blue skies.
    As usual we have done a ton of walking and taking in the sights. I think I could manage my way around the city now. I have the landmarks. The Douro River being the big one.
    On our walks we encountered the 76 meter tall baroque Torre dos Clerigos www.torredosclerigos.pt/en the French inspired Sao Bento train station https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/São_Bento_railway…
    and lots of other magnificent sights.
    This city has lots to offer, the history, the sights, the restaurant's, the walkability. It is also a collage town which adds the young vibe to the seen. And lots of Port. We walked along the south side of the river yesterday crossing the Dom Luís I Bridge which was completed in 1886. It is a double-deck metal arch bridge and for some time was the longest of its kind in the world, with a 172 meter span. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dom_Luís_I_Bridge
    On the south side of the bridge along the river you will find all of the port makers. Port from Porto, go figure. Stuff is excellent on the way down but OMG the next morning is a shit show. I know this from experience back in 1998. Neither of us have had a drop of the stuff on this go around except for one shot with Jack and Ally in Lisbon.
    Today is our last day in Porto, we pick up our car tomorrow and head to where ever the road will take us. Stay tuned.
    Read more