Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    "R" Day

    September 4, 2022 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 81 °F

    We are enjoying a lazy, rainy day in Sorrento, Italy. We had planned to hike the Path of the Gods on the Amalfi coast (thank for the tip Sparkeses!), but alas, ‘the Gods’ did not condone our endeavors. So, we spent a chill day walking around town looking for pencils (unsuccessfully), Italian Pokémon cards (unsuccessfully), stationery beyond postcards (unsuccessfully), and groceries (successfully!). We had our first homecooked lunch of zucchini omelets with parmesan, tuna and chips, carrots, olives and left-over spaghetti pomodoro.

    Now this might sound mundane to many of you, but I had never cooked popcorn anywhere but in a microwave or an air popper. I was so excited to make two batches of wok-cooked popcorn with olive oil on the stove for us to enjoy while watching Sea Beast (a newish Netflix picture with the weirdest combination of accents and nationalities...is it just me parents?). For those of you who know me well, I can get unusually excited about a seemingly mundane thing and it was so thoughtful for Lewis to share in my extended excitement as Andrew and Rob began to roll their eyes. Thank you Lewis! Xoxo

    We also squeezed in some math, Lewis wrote some post cards (writing ✅) and Andrew read about Pompeii (where we are heading tomorrow). The skies cleared by late afternoon and we spent a few hours in the pool before finding our new favorite dinner spot: Le Grazie (after being rejected from another place (Il Pozzo – boycott it!) because we didn’t wait 10 “Italian” minutes on the curb, even though the maître d’ agreed that we could walk around and return within 10 “American” minutes…no, I’m not bitter!) and our new favorite gelato shop: Amorino Al Naturale, which has ‘natural’ ingredients and the most amazing gelato macarons.

    Off to Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius tomorrow - here's hoping the next post or two will be by someone other than me ;)
    Read more