Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Chill/travel day

    February 13 in Iceland ⋅ ⛅ 23 °F

    Today was a relaxing day. Had a good breakfast and packed up. Apparently all of the farm’s animals were going crazy, there were horses and cows out of their fences running on the road. We headed out to the Secret Lagoon (not going to be the weirdos taking photos at a small hot spring, so no pics). It is the oldest pool (hot spring) in Iceland, used since the 1940s. It is fed by a natural hot spring that is 80-100C. Super relaxing once we got through the hectic changing and shower rooms. We stayed for about an hour, showered again and started our drive toward our next bnb in Ysatmoar. We made lunch in the car on the drive, which was about 2.5 hours in total. We stopped in Borgarnes (which was beautiful but the shops were very simple). 45 minutes and tons of Icelandic horses later we found our next farmhouse. It is super cute and we unloaded just in time for an incredible sunset.

    Big adventure planned for tomorrow so after watching half of Top Gun Maverick we sent the kiddos to bed.

    Edited at 11p: massive northern lights display tonight. E and Connie with us. Hudson kept just covering himself back up and we dressed Gid sleeping and Tige carried him out without boots and he immediately asked to go in. Pics don’t do it justice. Nothing like this!
    Read more