Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Our RVing begins

    April 28, 2018 in Canada ⋅ 🌧 8 °C

    After months of planning, working and saving our exploration of the Rockies begins. Our first day was raining... we're OK with that! The morning started slowly, pack up done, breakfast completed and a taxi ride to the outskirts of Vancouver where the RV was waiting.

    For the nerds... it’s a Ford F-350, a small V8, 5-berth vehicle, 7m long, 3m wide and 3.7m high. Comes with A/c, heater, generator, separate shower & toilet, full fridge and microwave and plenty of bits and pieces for eager campers.

    It took us several hours to do the prep but finally we were on the road and immediately got lost. With the marriage still in tact we re-navigated our way to our very first Walmart to buy stuff.

    With rain dripping and clouds descending we eventually found our way onto Highway 1, heading west to the ocean, then north to Squamish for our first night camping. We were greeted by an loud and overflowing Shannon Falls, right next to a cloud covered Sea to Sky Gondola.

    We set up camp, saw the falls and then settled into the RV. It’s fresh outside, still raining, but what a delightful day its been. We are loving our new Merrell shoes, extreme comfort. Now for a good night’s sleep with rain tinkling on our roof!
    Read more