Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Service Work - The Australia Zoo Day 2

    February 22, 2023 in Australia ⋅ 🌧 86 °F

    Our second day at the Australia Zoo had us doing service work first thing in the morning and after lunch. I posted all the photos I had from both sessions here.

    Adrian was there to meet us and get us started. He was called away to an emergency at the animal hospital but his staff took good care of us!

    We broke into two groups again and were not allowed to take pictures everywhere. My group was in some public places, so I could take some shots. I did get a few pictures from the other group.

    It was mostly weeding today. My group worked in the predator birds enclosure (with the birds removed, of course). 😁 There is a picture of a sandy area with a tree on the far side and a black bucket to the left. That sandy area was completely full of grass and weeds! The kids worked hard!

    We also added new mulch to a few areas to keep the weeds at bay. The other group pruned and also weeded in a different bird enclosure. By the afternoon, it rained for a few min, and it was just enough to both cool us off and wash the humidity out of the air.

    The zoo staff was VERY happy we helped them out. It was great to see our work having such a positive impact for the zoo! 😊
    Read more