Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Hello, Washington DC!

    September 19, 2023 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 68 °F

    We've arrived! The pace of our trip will pick up considerably as now that we have made it to Washington DC. Our schedule here is chock-full of exciting activities, marking a shift from the relaxed start to our trip.

    We began our DC escapade with visits to the National Museum of Natural History and the National Museum of American History, two of the many Smithsonian museums. The students had a fun time exploring in groups, which made it a bit challenging to snap photos but certainly enhanced their museum experience.

    Next on the itinerary was a much-needed dinner break at Pizzeria Uno where we indulged in the classic Chicago-style deep-dish pizza. It feels like we are always eating on these trips!

    The real magic began after we were done with dinner. We visited three memorials as the sun went down - the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, the FDR Memorial, and the Jefferson Memorial. Seeing the memorials at night is spectacular.

    For those following along on the itinerary, you’ll likely see some deviations. A trip itinerary is nothing more than the hopes and dreams of what can happen in a perfect world. 🙂 When we have an appointment, we must make it. Otherwise, we’ll adjust the day to fit our needs and flow. Mrs. Bates is the absolute best at tailoring the trip on the fly to to ensure the best possible experience. She is a seasoned expert!!!

    Though we spent a large portion of our day on the road, every moment off the bus was packed and I still managed to get 15,000 steps in!

    We are winding down for the night. Tomorrow offers a later start, giving us a moment to recharge before embarking on a full day of adventure. 😁

    FindPenguins limits each post to 20 photos and 2 videos. In our Facebook Group there are more pictures.
    Read more