Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Day 2

    August 14, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 81 °F

    Last night was interesting. Car attendant set up our beds for the night. I took the top bunk. I climbed up the ladder and into the bed, turned around, sat up and knocked the crud out of my head. You cannot sit up in the top bunk. I couldn’t sleep up there. So I climbed down the ladder and climbed in Ritch’s bed. We haven’t slept that close in forever. We pulled into San Antonio around 1 am. They added cars and moved the engine. What a racket!
    With all that being said, we’re having a blast.

    We are now on the Sunset Limited.

    Had breakfast around Del Rio. Met a real nice lady and shared dinner last night and breakfast with her today. It’s pretty cool eating while we are moving.

    Pecos River and a bunch of wide open spaces.

    Back to the room after breakfast for a nice shower and change of clothes. Showering while the train sways side to side is a trip.

    The sky is so beautiful down here. Cotton ball clouds and blue sky.

    Had lunch in Alpine, TX. Delicious cheeseburgers, chocolate cake and cheesecake.

    Passed through Marfa but no Marfa lights.

    Back to the room for a nap.

    Made it to El Paso. Got burritos from the burrito lady. Very good.
    Saw our tax dollars at work. Border wall.

    Dinner outside of El Paso tonight.
    Flat Iron Steak for Ritch and I had Rigatoni.
    Read more