Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Day 2 - Oxford House Party

    August 17, 2019 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 20 °C

    We got up in the morning and had an early lunch with Lisa who booked us and owns the house. We went to some place that seemed okay. Out of my better judgement I go a buffalo chicken sap instead of pancakes. The chicken tasted like burnt/dry hamburger. We then went to her husbands incense factory which was interesting for sure.

    Afterwards we at back and dealt with what looked like an oil leak from the van. We then set up early and ran through some new songs. One is a pretty upbeat floater shuffle which six months ago I wouldn’t have lasted thirty seconds playing it. The potluck was kind of eh but the desserts were good. Someone made cookies and these almond flavored pastries shaped like animals.

    The gig was fun but very quiet and subdued. I never realized how hard it was to play so quiet and fast. Everyone really like us and there was I believe sixty people in all!

    After we hung out and then packed up as we hit the road at seven for Ann Arbor. We found out tonight I can’t do a running high five even after like five attempts. Oh well. Ann Arbor blues festival tomorrow!
    Read more