Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    A lake...and some sunshine!

    August 22, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    We left our campsite in Griffith around 10 this morning, stopping at Aldi because...well because it’s Aldi and we know we won’t see one for quite a while. We stocked up on some of our favourite Aldi produce and then continued our journey north.

    The arid landscape of yesterday afternoon gave way to green pastures and tree-covered escarpments. The sun peeped through the puffy clouds as we happily watched the car temperature display climb up to 16.

    We made a snap decision to stop at Lake Cargellico instead of pushing on to Cobar because the thought of relaxing by the pretty man-made lake in the afternoon sunshine was too tempting.

    We spent a couple of hours chatting to our neighbours, sharing some homemade vodka-infused berry coconut slushie. Suddenly Gadi realized that the packets of frozen chicken for the dog that were defrosting on the outside table and the pizza dough that was rising in the sunshine had been devoured by a local egret or crow. Not happy Jan!

    Cooked dinner on the Weber as we witnessed another glorious sunset. With nightfall fast approaching, the warmth of the sun evaporated and we were very grateful to head inside our snug, diesel heated little home on wheels.

    Today’s lessons:

    1. It’s good to be flexible - and always follow the sun

    2. Leaving any food outside - frozen or raw - is not smart

    3. Vodka is always a good thing!

    Sweet dreams xx
    Read more