Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    More of the same - how marvellous!

    September 1, 2018 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 16 °C

    Another day here in Burren Junction, not going anywhere, but enjoying the peace and quiet of this lovely outback location.

    Pancakes for brekkie today! You know it’s going to be a good day when you start out with pancakes with fresh fruit salad and maple syrup or lemon and sugar.

    A fresh breeze kept the morning just below 20 degrees. We lazily pottered around our campsite and eventually I made the effort to change into bathers, put on sunscreen, sunglasses and big floppy hat, and made my way to the artesian pool for a long, hot soak - and a bit of exercise swimming round and round.

    Time seems to run away in that pool, but eventually I dragged myself out, long after my fingers had turned all wrinkley, feeling hungry and ready for lunch.

    I made some muffins in the Weber and we spent a couple of hours sitting outside chatting and playing Bush rummy with our neighbours, Barb and Earl. We enjoyed some pink bubbly and banana coconut muffins for afternoon tea.

    Steak and veggies on the Weber for dinner, cooked just as the last smear of deep red sky sank below the horizon beyond the nearby dam.

    Another day well spent!
    Read more