Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Moving on to the Ridge

    September 3, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 10 °C

    Packed up this morning and spent a while saying goodbye to our camp buddies Barb and Earl and their rainbow lorikeet, Elton.

    Left Burren Junction around midday and headed back through Walgett and on to Lightning Ridge, where we needed to refuel, swap both our gas bottles and do a major supermarket shop.

    We finally arrived at our new accommodation at Carinya Station, about 15km our of town. The station is owned by a young couple and their three small children. They allow people to camp on their 6,000 acre station in return for giving them a helping hand with whatever jobs need to be done. There is a daily board where you can select a suitable job (such as collecting eggs, walking the dogs and pups, feeding farm animals, planting trees and any projects on the go) and a communal fire each evening.

    We picked a camp spot (searching for enough sun for the solar panels and the right angle to try out our satellite dish (as there is no reception out here). Then we headed to the fire to mingle a bit before heading back to cook a pizza in the Weber and have an early night.

    Good night x
    Read more