Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Just another day at the Gully

    September 9, 2018 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 17 °C

    We’ve decided to stay put for a few days as we are loving being right on the bank of the Moonie River with the iconic Nindigully Pub just a stone’s throw away with important facilities like wine and food, as well as clean toilets and free hot showers provided for campers (gold coin donation requested for the RFDS).

    Today we lazed around, starting with scrambled eggs and toast made in the Weber, which we ate by the river’s edge in the lovely dappled sunlight.

    Gadi went for a kayak and I worked out details on the phone with my mum and our son for their impending visit to Cairns in October where we will have a mini holiday with them for nine days.

    We spent some time in the afternoon sitting in the beer garden with our neighbours listening to singer Loren Ryan (who appeared on The Voice last year and sang a duet “Bootilicious” with Kelly Rowland) belt out tunes accompanied by her partner (and last night’s singer) Scott Troutman.

    Tonight, in our little home on wheels, Gadi and I celebrated Jewish New Year, with a sticky sweet homemade honey cake (yes, baked in the Weber) and some apple slices dipped in honey to symbolize the start of what will hopefully be a sweet start to the Jewish New Year.

    Missing our family particularly tonight (as we usually celebrate with our kids, my mum, sister and family), we made phone calls home to Melbourne and to our family in Israel. It helped to bridge the gap and make us feel a little closer to our loved ones, here and abroad.

    At least we will see our boy and my mum in just a month’s time.

    Night night xx
    Read more