Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 41

    Horse event before Moving On

    September 29, 2018 in Australia ⋅ 🌬 33 °C

    After a stifling night we woke early to the sounds of the horses warming up close to our van. Unfortunately, as we watched one of the horses started bucking and the young girl riding fell off.

    Not a good start to the morning, but the program of the day began soon after. We watched the little kids go through their paces, some sitting astride really tall horses and others on little ponies, all being led by their mums around several poles where they had to pick up a stick and deposit in a bucket at the other end. It was very cute to watch!

    We stayed awhile and then packed up and headed back into Croydon where we had a look at some of the old buildings before heading out of town towards Georgetown, where we stopped for lunch and to have a look around town. They have a peace monument in town hand carved from local stone by a resident, honoring seven world peace leaders including Nelson Mandela, Dr Martin Luther King, Mahatma Ghandi as well as Australia’s Eddie Mabo and Julian Burnside.

    We continued driving east to Mount Surprise where we booked into a caravan park as Gadi is going to do a tour of the Undara Lava Tubes tomorrow. We set up and Gadi got the satellite dish set up in time to watch the last 15 minutes of the AFL Grand Final!

    How lovely to set up in a park with shady trees, flowers and power (for the aircon!). Bonus is the bird aviary with lots of pairs of rainbow lorikeets, finches, love birds and others. There are ponies out the back and a rescued emu out the back.

    We enjoyed the rest of the afternoon and eventually cooked dinner on the Weber before chilling out for the evening.

    Very pleased to have aircon this evening...even if we will turn it off soon and open up the windows to catch the breeze.

    Night night xx
    Read more