Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 60

    Skywalk and a Swim

    October 18, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Of course the Zohars were the last to leave the caravan park at Paronella Park this morning. By the time we left at 10am visitors were already exploring the park.

    We drove out and parked just outside so we could walk on the suspension bridge over the waterfall. Then we ate some yoghurt, fruit and muesli for brekky as we hadn’t eaten yet, before heading off to the nearby Mamu Skywalk, also owned by the current owners of Paronella Park.

    The drive to the skywalk was gorgeous, full of rolling green hills, sugar cane and banana fields, cute little towns and the ever present green-clad mountains all around.

    Again we did the skywalk separately. Lucky for us the day turned out less hot and humid than we have had for the last couple of weeks. It made walking through the forest and out on to the cantilevered walkways much more pleasant. We both felt the skywalk was a fantastic way to see both the forest floor as well as its canopy.

    By the time we both did the skywalk and then ate lunch in our caravan it was getting late so we decided to find somewhere to free camp nearby before heading back to the coast tomorrow. Given the cooler weather we felt we would cope without air conditioning for tonight.

    We found a lovely camp beside a gorgeous fresh water bubbling river complete with small rapids. We parked alongside facing the river and enjoyed the late afternoon by the river, even sneaking in a swim after some locals came by and told us it was fine to swim in. We both braved the water and ended up sitting in the rapids - which made a great spa pool. Cadbury enjoyed frolicking in the water fetching stones and burying his head in the water to pick up the stones.

    We ate an easy dinner sitting outside enjoying the cool night air until the twilight turned to blackness all around us.

    Time to head inside and make a cuppa and find something sweet to go with it.

    G’night from our river rapid camp xx
    Read more