Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 63

    Sunrise, Market & Beach Day

    October 21, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Today we had a quiet day starting with me being awake early enough this morning to see a beautiful sunrise on the beach a few feet from our caravan.

    Today was also market day in the park right next to where we were staying, so after a delicious brekky of roasted capsicum and scrambled eggs on sourdough with avocado and cherry tomatoes, we strolled through the market. We bought papaya, pumpkin and a mint plant.

    The heat was getting to us both, so we walked back to our little home on wheels and spent some time under the awning with a slight sea breeze looking at maps and working out where we want to camp in the next couple of weeks.

    We ate fruit and my banana walnut cake for lunch, not really feeling like anything more substantial. Eventually we headed to the beach and we both enjoyed a swim in the warm, shallow and clear water.

    In the evening we went to the local fish and chips and then walked around the almost hidden restaurant/cafe street, all lit up with coloured lights checking out all the menus.

    That’s it for now. Night night from FNQ xx
    Read more