Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 73

    Chilling in Airlie Beach

    October 31, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    We took it easy today, with Gadi and Cadbury going for a walk in the morning along the nearby beach. After lunch we headed out for a drive to check out a nearby bistro/cafe on a fairly isolated beach. It was a pretty drive, up densely treed hills, with super steep driveways leading to houses hidden amongst the trees, many with stunning views of the beautiful blue waters of the Whitsundays.

    Unfortunately, the bistro, with its gorgeous ocean frontage, lovely resort style outdoor furniture and even a ‘fake’ marina out the front, is not dog friendly, so after a quick look around we headed back to our little home on wheels.

    I went for a swim in the warm resort style pool and chatted to a Dutch couple about their motorhome travels around Australia.

    Later, we went to a local bistro just up the road for dinner and met up with the Dutch couple again, chatting until the restaurant was closing.

    Back home and time to go to sleep as we hope to get a (relatively) early start in the morning as we continue our journey south.

    Night night from the lovely Whitsundays xx
    Read more