Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 77

    Market, War Memorial & Singing Ship

    November 4, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Today we headed into Yeppoon and its’ monthly market as well as the tourist information Centre for some local maps. Along the way we stopped at some of the pretty beaches and marina.

    After eating a picnic lunch in the park next to the market we drove back to our caravan park where we both had a swim and a rest.

    Later in the afternoon we went for a drive south to Emu Park to pick up a few supplies at the supermarket and to see the amazing ANZAC war memorial tribute on the foreshore.

    The tribute includes a ‘singing ship’ where the prevailing winds sounds like singing as they pass through the rotating wind pipes. The ship leads to an ANZAC memorial board walk where one side is sea and the other has tin sculptures of soldiers as they hiked through the unforgiving landscapes, culminating in a picture story shed telling the history of our ANZAC soldiers. We were lucky to be there at dusk to see the beginning of the sunset as it somehow made the memorial feel even more fitting.

    Back to the caravan park to make an easy dinner of roast chicken (thanks Drakes supermarket!) and time to unwind...

    Night night from Kinka Beach xx
    Read more