Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 110

    Settling in to Moruya

    December 7, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    We packed up and left our forest free camp and drove to the beach at Durras South for a look at the waves and stretch of white sand. Then we continued to Moruya where we will stay for the next five nights. We set up the caravan (directly on the riverbank) in the heat and switched on the aircon to cool down.

    We ate lunch and had a rest before deciding to go for a short drive to nearby beaches, including Broulee and Mossy Point. The wind was too strong to stay long at the beach but Cadbury enjoyed playing with sticks and having a swim anyway.

    Last stop of the afternoon was at Tomakin, where we found a great view over the bay and white, sandy beach. We drove back to Moruya and enjoyed the evening sitting by the river, watching the changing colours of the sky setting through the trees. We only went inside when it was quite dark, although we have a bridge nearby, which is lit at night with yellow lighting along the water, so the water remains visible.

    Time to cook dinner - steak and veg on the weber tonight with a cold glass of sangria. Looks like it will be a warm night overnight and hopefully, judging by the clear, twinkly stars above, we will have a lovely sunny day tomorrow.

    Night night from the south coast of NSW xx
    Read more