Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 28

    Tailoring magic in Hoi An

    October 1, 2023 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    Hoi An, Vietnam, renowned for its tailoring, we went on a quest for the perfect outfits. Charly desired an exquisite colbert and custom dress and Jeroen had his heart set on a custom suit.

    Our journey began with fabric choices and measurements. The skilled tailors in Hoi An offered expert advice for the perfect fit and design.

    Multiple fittings were required to achieve perfection, but the competent and friendly staff made the process enjoyable. Jeroen, having been to Hoi An in 2019, already knew the quality and craftsmanship the town was famous for. He had a beautiful suit and a collection of sharp black and white shirts. We went back to the same tailor Jeroen had made good experience with last time, as well for Jeroen's boots. we did decide on shipping everything because it was just too heavy to carry around and would have taken place away from future purchases, plus we were not gonna wear the garments on a beach in Thailand.

    In the end, Charly's colbert and dress are looking amazing. Let the pictures talk for themselves. Not even talking about Jeroen's suit, ready for a business trip in Italy.

    Hoi An, with its rich tailoring tradition, continues to be a paradise for those seeking custom garments at an approachable price. If you're ever in town, make sure to experience the magic of Hoi An tailoring for yourself.
    Read more