Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 31

    A thrilling ride through Hai Van Pass

    October 4, 2023 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    Embarking on a thrilling day trip adventure adventure, we decided to conquer Vietnam's legendary Hai Van Pass on motorbikes. This journey was unforgettable, and a true testament to the natural beauty of Vietnam.

    Hai Van Pass, affectionately known as the "Pass of the Ocean Clouds," winds through the Annamite Range, connecting Thua Thien-Hue Province and Da Nang City. This historic pass served as a natural divide between the ancient kingdoms of Champa and Dai Viet.

    As we ascended the pass, our eyes were treated to an awe-inspiring view. On one side, the South China Sea stretched as far as the eye could see, while lush, green hills framed the other. The winding roads allowed us to pause and savor the scenery.

    One fascinating fact about Hai Van Pass is its Hollywood connection. This iconic pass gained worldwide recognition when it was featured on the popular TV show "Top Gear." The hosts were effusive in their praise for its natural beauty and the sheer thrill of the drive. Thanks to this exposure, Hai Van Pass has become a must-visit destination for adventure seekers and fans of the show alike.

    Our ride through Hai Van Pass was about the journey itself. It was a day of stunning landscapes of Vietnam and a fun ride. We were lucky with the weather having a clear view of the city, and then driving up into the clouds. On the other side we stopped at the beach for a well deserved break. This time we shared a bike since Charly wasn't feeling well yet due to a cold. A beautiful last day in Vietnam on a bike.
    Read more