Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 32

    Goodbye Vietnam, Hello Cambodia

    October 5, 2023 in Cambodia ⋅ ☁️ 32 °C

    One last time to enjoy the beautiful view from our Airbnb over Da Nang.
    Driving to the airport we had some mixed feelings, excited for a new adventure but also sad to leave Vietnam. After a month we got very familiar and comfortable with the country, the people and how things work. And we are sure we will miss the Vietnam prices and for the most part, it being relatively low in tourists. Definetely not the last visit to 🇻🇳. Breathtaking raw nature, yummy food also for vegans, and really helpful and kind people.
    We didn’t know what to expect of Cambodia, after arriving at the newly built airport was that immigration was a bit tougher than Vietnam where they just look at the visa and stamp. It reminded me a bit more of USA or Israel border control, asking what you are doing, who you are traveling with, how long you are staying, where you stayed before etc. After making it through we were picked up by the hotel tuk tuk. Tuk tuks are a popular mode of transport in Cambodia and many other Asian countries. Basically imagine a mini horse carriage but instead of a horse there’s a small motorbike. A bit unusual but we quite enjoyed the view and wind in our face. On first impression Siem reap seems quite similar to some places in Vietnam just more normal traffic, less honking. Siem Reap only got concrete roads as of 2021 so as it’s rainy season it could have been a more bumpy ride.
    Our hotel is surprisingly nice and we got a little special surprise since we booked the „ honeymoon“ suite - cause the room was nice and only 25€ nobody panic.
    What are we doing in Siem Reap, of course see THE temples, stay tuned.
    Read more