Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 46–50

    Day 1 and Day 2 Adventures in Bangkok 🌃

    October 19, 2023 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 31 °C

    ✈️ We arrived in the bustling city of Bangkok at night and were treated with a breathtaking view of the skyline from
    our hotel. When in Bangkok, we had to take the opportunity and we even got an upgrade to the 17th floor. 🌟 Exciting start to our Bangkok adventure! Explored Patpong night market, known for "adult entertainment," but we opted for the incredible food market instead. They were quite persistent trying to get us into the establishments but we didn’t feel like supporting it.
    Our hotel, Amara, treated us to a breathtaking city skyline view from the rooftop bar —a dream come true for Jeroen. 🍹 And realistically the future travel stop of the skyline of Singapore was not an alternative in our budget.

    🏙️ Amara Hotel Views:
    The tiny Hotel gym also had a view that made running on a treadmill a bit more fun. The next morning we Woke up to a stunning cityscape panorama from our hotel. Couldn't have asked for a better way to begin our Bangkok escapade. You can see the smog though which meant we never saw the sun.

    🛍️ Central World Maze:
    Bangkok is the city of ultra big shopping malls, to the point they are actually an attraction. If you have a look at TripAdvisor you can find many malls listed as sights of interest. Day 2 led us to Central World, where we got lost in the vast maze of this colossal mall. Shopping adventures and unexpected discoveries around every corner! A bit like an indoor street food market. The malls reminded Charly of the movie Wall-e, you could live in these malls and never leave.

    🚤 Canal Cruise and Temple Exploration: Later, we hopped on a boat to cruise the canals, in reality it’s a bus boat, but that meant we only paid a couple of cents compared to the expensive boat tours. They go super fast and it was an interesting way to see the city. We walked many kilometers that day made it to the golden mount temple and the royal palace, adding cultural richness to our experience.

    Infamous KhaoSan Road 🎉:
    For any young backpacker looking for a good time this is the place they will find a hostel at - maybe not necessarily to sleep much at. This is the (mostly tourist) party street of Bangkok with many bars, clubs, clothing and street food markets. We went relatively early cause we were tired from the day and just wanted to have a look but even then it was LOUD. Cause there are no noise regulations my Apple Watch said it was well over 100dB most of the time with bars blaring music on every corner. It was quite overwhelming, everyone trying to get you in a club or sell you something - but definitely an experience. We had a beer at a roof top bar and maybe a second one….or third 🤫
    Read more