Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 78

    trip Melbourne day 11

    December 3, 2016 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 14 °C

    In the morning we drove to a national park. And in Australia they have. National parks everywhere!. The dirt road we followed wasn't the best road. Everywere holes and stuff. We arrived on a beach and we saw a lizard of 1.2m on the beach. Luckily we didn't had to go back over the road we came on. The other road was also a dirt road but it was a lot better! We went to a lookout, we could see one beach but it was cloudy. After waiting a few minutes the clouds where almost gone and you could see a lot more.

    Then we went on a trail it was beautiful. You could see very far away. Then we did a hiking track that was also beautiful. It was within a dead forrest. And that was really nice to see! The track ended in a coastal line of rocks. That was a nice view!

    On our way we wanted to do a road but it was a dirt road and we tried a shortcut and it was a bit more 4wd than expected. I really needed the 4wd and I even drove over a tree that was lying across the road. That was some experience and fun! Luckily it was a short road and not an half our or more.
    Video:

    Then we arrived in a city were we saw some pelicans. They are really huge!. It's definitely a meal for 8 persons :-P.

    We went to secret beach, it wasn't that secret because there were signs all over the place. And it was just another beach. But on the beach was a sea cave. We were lucky that it wasn't high tide so we could go in the cave. It was really good exept for the annoying muskitos.

    We found a free bbq next to the beach and cooked there noodles with salami, egg and mushrooms. That was a really good meal!

    Then we drove a lot. Just a small bit via a touristic route trough the forrest. Then to some lookouts. We took a really flat dirtroad and made a shit load of dust behind us. We ended up in a forrest And took a little walk. There were some palm trees inside the forrest. On our way back I started a time-lapse. We drove on the dirtroad. Then on a normal road, visited a lookout. Then continued our way to a bigger city to eat over there.

    After our dinner I drove to a campsite more land inwards. It was a drive just a bit more than 1 hour. It was a really nice road. There were a lot of corners and stuff. We had to stop for a tree on the road. We got the tree of the road and drove further. We saw some Kangaroo's and -herten- on our way. I didn't know they lived also here. And in the end we finally arrived at our campsite.
    Read more