Satellite
  • Day 28

    day 7 - cradle mountain

    March 6, 2017 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 11 °C

    For the first time this trip we went left the campspot earlier. Around 9:30 so still not really early. It took us an hour to drive to cradle mountain. From there we went with the shuttle bus up to where all the hikes started.

    From here on we walked first all around the dove Lake (2 hour walk). That was a nice easy walk and we ended up at an shed next to the lake were we had lunch. Then we climbed to the top of the Marions mountain. It was a steep climb and I did it in 22 minutes. It was around 250 meters higher than the lake. Up there the hike was stunning! After a while we hiked back to the start point (1,5 hour walk). On all the hikes the surrounding was changing from forrest into beachside into open land. It was so different and so beautiful! In the end we didn't want to wait for the shuttle so we walked back on an walking track back to the car(1 hour walk, 5,5km).

    We where all tired from all the walking today so we just went for an hour drive to the next campspot and made dinner there. We tried to make soup with a bit of spaghetti but at the end it was spaghetti with soup because else it would be way to less. Anna is a real big eater, same as me..

    In total I think I hiked around 20 km the whole day and that took about 5:30 hours. With sometimes really steep Hills and decents. So thats a worthy workout!.
    Read more