Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Rob roys glacier

    October 3, 2017 in New Zealand ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    This morning exactly thesame as yesterday.

    In the afternoon we went to rob roys glacier and did a good hike there. The view was again stunning!. On the way to the hike we saw a stupid Chinese woman running after the sheep with lambs. It was so stupid to see. And also shit because the sheep where afraid of her. So Lisa shouted to her to stop.

    On the hike we had spectacular views of a big cliff with some waterfalls. Also a gletcher and once in a while a lot of snow came down, it was really loud and looked like Thunder. It was impressive to see!

    On the way back we drove on a gravel road and had to drive trough pools. Next to the road in the paddocks there were cows with kalfs, sheep and also deers! Really cool landscape!

    In the evening we went back to wanaka to get Grocerys and get some food. Unfortunately we ended up at the domino's. We orderd 6 pizza's, garlic bread and a bottle of coke for only 3 of us. We were REALLY hungry. Haha cheap meal for 35 dollars for 3 people! Even little Lisa ate two pizza's, good girl.

    In the end we ended up again at Lake hawea the nice quite campspot!.

    Until now I like new Zealand a lot! It can be cold and warm at the same time, that's a bit annoying. Because while walking it's to chilly for only a t-shirt and to warm for a jumper. But if that's the only thing that's annoying then I got a good life! :-D
    Read more