Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Relaxing Day Here, More About The Resort

    November 20, 2022 in Curacao ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Today we lounge around the resort and enjoy the amenities here. So, I thought today we could show you where we are staying. Somehow, we ended up in a wheelchair accessible room. While this means that there is more open floor space for a wheelchair to move around there are also a few things different.

    We have two queen size beds, which are very comfortable. They are a little high for me but Gabi is used to the height from home. There is a wardrobe with drawers underneath and a nice dresser that has more drawers and a mini fridge stocked with water, pop and beer. This is replenished daily at no charge. Gabi and I only drink the water but for someone who does drink pop and beer this would be great! We have a nice patio area because we are ground floor. There is a drying rack for your bathing suits and a couple of chairs with a table.

    Just a few feet away is the adults only pool which is an infinity pool where you can see the ocean from. Back in our room we have a very spacious bathroom. As I mentioned above this is a wheelchair accessible room, therefore there is no bathtub but a wheel in shower. There are plenty of grab bars and a comfort height toilet. The only issue we have is that there are no counters. The sink is a ‘floating’ sink so a wheelchair can role underneath it. Since there are no counters there is nowhere to put your toiletries. This is a pain for us. I have come up with a unique solution to this problem. Take a look and let me now if you like it! Also, don’t forget this on your next trip if you need extra space. You can adjust the height to whatever you need. I actually got this hack off of a YouTube travel video.

    The grounds here are nice with all the tropical plants you can imagine. The sounds of the birds, the sounds of the ocean and the tropical music all combine for a relaxing atmosphere. There are 5 different restaurants and most are open air. There are also many pools but they all close at 6:00 PM. They also have shuffleboard, checkers and a bean bag toss game for all to use.

    I have a few more shots of the wildlife that is here on the grounds. The birds here are amazing and very colourful. They are also little bandits when it comes to the restaurants. They even steal the sugar packets off the tables!

    All in all a nice place for a relaxing stay by the ocean.
    Read more