Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Checking Out A Different Resort - Dreams

    November 21, 2022 in Curacao ⋅ 🌙 26 °C

    A change of pace for today. We are heading over to another resort in the Hyatt family of resorts called Dreams. They have a tour and we get a free breakfast over there. Might as well compare, right?

    The hotel here books us a taxi and off we go. On the way we get to see a little of the city. I love the tropical coloured houses and lots of cactus and plants.

    Dreams is a class above the one we are staying in. It recently renovated and different layout. While our resort is spread width wise and we have quite a trek to get from our room to the food and lobby areas, the Dreams resort is more centrally located with a 5 story main hotel with the lobby and main buffet right on the first floor. Easier to get coffee in the morning or a drink in the evening. They also have an elevator so you don’t need to book a ground floor room to avoid the stairs. Dreams is also set back from the main road so you don’t hear the traffic like we do here.

    The rooms we saw were the penthouse suite, with a mini bar area, sitting area, dual TV’s and a large bathroom with a walk-in closet. We also saw a standard room with 2 queen size beds a nice bathroom and still a large balcony. This is probably the room that we would book being the average Joes. The grounds are nice with all the amenities you would expect: spa, several bars, several pools, beach area, sun loungers, different restaurants for varied food options.

    The food is also a notch above where we are currently staying. They had a better variety for both breakfast and lunch. Presented better with covered dishes, properly labelled and with a better layout and flow. They also had more selections and just looked fresher. The wait staff was more attentive and we felt more valued there.

    I also liked the view a little better. It was tucked into a cove area where you could see another part of the city from the resort. I don’t know if the swimming was better because we didn’t go in the ocean there.

    We didn’t get back until after 4:00 PM and were exhausted! Nap time before we head to the casino and a bite to eat.

    Stay tuned for more adventures tomorrow.
    Read more