Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Day At The Spa And A Wonderful Dinner

    November 23, 2022 in Curacao ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    We have breakfast at Di Marino for breakfast. You can order omelets made to order, fruit plates, sweet breads (breakfast pastries) and such. We both do omelets with a side of bacon, a fruit plate and pastries to share. It is a very nice and relaxing breakfast.

    Today we have booked facials in the spa. They lather, scrub, message and warm towel us until we are floating away in to a land of bliss. They were about 45 minutes long and we come out feeling pampered. I think we have found something that can continue on when we get back home and want to treat ourselves. We spend the rest of the day relaxing and reading.

    We head back to Di Marino’s for dinner. In the evening, when open, it is an Italian restaurant. Unlike the Blue Grille, this experience was wonderful. The service was quick and the food…marvelous. We both had the vegetable linguini with a caprese salad to start. The food was delicious and in just the right amount for portions. The linguini was done with a basil and oil base with tender vegetables mixed in. We each had the passion fruit pudding for dessert. Once again, delicious. This restaurant has redeemed the resort from the other night.

    Tomorrow, we want to go into Willemstad to see the main port area where the cruise ships dock. They have a trolley tour that takes you around the historic city center. I have tried to book this from the first day we were here. There was a tour lady named Abigail, who I think was an Air Canada tour rep. Well, this has been a ridiculous endeavor from the get go. We were going back and forth on WhatsApp planning to meet up and book this tour. Once a meeting time and place was booked, she wouldn’t show or was an hour away. This went on for three days! I finally went to the VIP manager and he graciously booked it for us. I tried to message Abigail back and she still wouldn’t answer. If this is how they operate, Air Canada tours can go fly a kite!

    The manager, Victor (I believe) has been the perfect host. Anything we need or question we ask is dealt with quickly, efficiently and pleasantly. A big thank you to Victor for making our stay here lovely.
    Read more