Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    The Cruise That Wasn't.

    November 22, 2022 in Curacao ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    We both had a nice sleep in this morning. I had a massage at the spa this morning. I haven't had a message in years and wonder why I haven't bothered to enjoy one. The young lady was wonderful and I always end a pile of goo when done.

    I take a nice swim in the ocean and then get ready for tonight.

    We are heading out for a sunset cruise this evening. We head off in the taxi. We arrive at the boat which is a catamaran, my favourite. We all load up and get a rum punch and settle in for our cruise. They start up the engines and then they quit. Oops. Let's try again. They quit again. The crew bounce around and check this and that. They try again and again. Then they cancel the tour. They try to make it fun and offer us another drink and some cheese. After an hour we get back on shore and wait for our transport back to the hotel.

    We get back to the hotel around 6:30 and decide to try out the Blue Grill restaurant. It is like a steakhouse restaurant here at the resort. We have seen a lineup every night so we are curious. We head over and wait in a small line up. We have to put our names down on a wait list and were told to come back in 20 minutes. Off we go like good little Canadians. We come back 30 minutes later and the hostess is nowhere to be found. We wait another 20 minutes for her to show up to her station where the lineup has grown very long again. The frustrating thing here is that we can see at least 6 empty tables but here we wait. We finally get seated and wait another 15 minutes for someone to come and take our drink orders. Then we wait another 15 minutes for them to come back with our drinks and then wait again for our orders to be taken. We both order the chicken florentine with a greek salad to start. We wait another hour for the food to get there. The greek salads come and they must be the Carribean version because in Greece they did come as a lettuce salad with a few olives, onions and cheese sprinkled on top! When we did get dinner, it looked good but the chicken was dry and the three potatoes wedges and couple of flouretts of broccoli were good. So basically it took us over 2 hours to get a meal that took us 30 minutes to eat and it was terrible. Yeah, not doing that again, not even picture worthy. The best thing about the dinner was the view of the water and the nice gentle breezes that accompanied them.

    Afterwards Gabi headed back to the room and I hit the casino. I actually won tonight, enough to cover most of the losses from previous nights.
    Read more