Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    It is getting better..the roads are mise

    May 2, 2015 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 23 °C

    The drive through Indiana was okay until we hit Indianapolis. Then the road went for a dump. They really need to do some road repair! Indiana is basically flat farm land with trees. It is pretty but can be a little boring. That is probably not fair to say, since the farmers here probably feed half of the east coast. It is a pretty uneventful drive and I get some of my knitting done. The boys are quite happy sleeping on my new chair! We took out one of the couches and replaced it with a nice recliner rocker for myself. The boys seem to think we have done this for them!

    A few things about traveling in a motorhome and towing a car. The first thing is that you drive a little slower. We can usually get up to 100 km on the flat roads of Indiana, but you are slower going up and down hills. The flat roads are better for gas mileage, so that even with towing your reasonable (around 12 mpg). We usually stop at a rest stop for bathroom breaks and to check the car. It is also a good place to just get out and stretch. When we are driving it is important to remember that you are now 50 feet long, so passing is a little bit trickier. Also, when turning or looking for parking spaces in a mall need more consideration. However, my ever fearless husband can handle this puppy like a race car going through the streets of Rome!

    The nice things about traveling this way are: you can cook your own meals, sleep in your own bed, drive at your own pace, stay in some really beautiful parks and do it all in comfort. I have indoor plumbing (no bathtub, Christine), frig, stove, TV and a king size bed. What more could a girl want? Driving is nice because you are higher up and can see for miles around. I can get up and grab a drink from the frig or make a sandwich for my driver!

    Today we arrive at our park during the daylight. So the boys get to go out and have a walk this evening. We have our dinner and have plenty of time to take a walk and relax. This is a nice KOA again. Each park has their own unique atmosphere. This one is done up in the 'Wild West' theme. Check out the pictures for some nice fence decorations. They also have two miniature ponies! Out comes the camera (you lucky readers!) and snap goes the pictures. The trees now have their leaves and it is much warmer here. The boys have settled down and we have a relaxing evening.
    Read more