Satellite
  • Day 4

    Take the bull by the horns

    December 5, 2016 in India ⋅ 🌫 23 °C

    05/12/16
    Rishikesh

    Really behind on the advent calendars

    Due to lack of cash gutted we missed rhythmic dance and yoga (imagine Noblet releasing himself through the medium of dance) but thought we'd go for a walk instead....

    Checked laundry in where they count your socks and knickers in front of everyone.... Great. Then continue d looking like idiots checking every atm (the same we'd done the night before) hoping for cash. Non came.... We're poor again! Thought we'd walk to a temple but ended up finding a mojito bar which was hidden but instantly took priority.

    Ps Aussies still stand for LFTs. ' omg gawwwwd. I can't believe how strong the cows are'

    Speaking of how strong cows are though, one barged me off the road and gave me his horn... It was not pleasant.

    Then within 2 minutes a homeless man (one of many) chased Noblet for his food... You give me you give me... His charter house training really came in and he quick time chomped it down. I honestly thought holding the school record for eating the most sausages in one sitting could not be a transferable skill... But hey, I was wrong.

    Found a really poor man selling old coins, I'm not ashamed to say I got some boss bargains for the old collection and I'm bringing king Georgey home!!! YEAH BOI

    Finished mojitos and then walked back towards the hotel (yes that was an entire day gone). We got back to Rishikesh and watched the ganga Arati which is where all the folks Sing with candles and put stuff in the river (floating flowers etc). People then Go in the river to be blessed. Worth a Google if bothered its on YouTube. There are hundreds of people putting flames into the river which makes for a spectacular display.

    Man: holly for actually enjoying proper spicy food (above chicken tikka MASSALA)

    Donkey: holly for taking us to the wrong side of the river for the religious festival and spending £35 in doing so on emergency Google mapping (£3 per MB !!!)
    Read more