Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Pattaya - Beach And City Tour

    December 22, 2023 in Thailand ⋅ 🌬 28 °C

    With the goal to buy a simcard and to eat dinner Noa ( the legend) and I ( the tourist) left the hotel. Confidently we walked to the nearest mall, where we quikly found the first part of our to do list.
    Since the mall is positioned right next to the beach, we hurried over the street, put down our bags and walked into the ocean for the first time here in thailand.
    We enjoyed the sunset behind the pier, while the second part of our todo list made itself more noticeable. We were hungry.
    We want sushi.
    We quickly decided for a sushi restaurant within reasonable distance, that had a vegetarian and vegan menu.
    After departure with a grab taxi we started to get the feeling the sushi place was further away than we thought.
    There were bearly any people around , when we arrived and all the stores were empty as we tried to cross the street where the taxi dropped us of. The sushi place was easily located but empty aswell and offered no vegetarian and vegan menu.
    We decided to leave and try our luck on the nearest night market. We got a glimpse of a subway and were even considering eating there if the night market turnes out to be a flop.
    Sadly it did turn out to be a flop (for vegetarians). We decided to try our luck back in the city center to be also closer to out hotel again.
    On the mission to find a grab taxi we had to realize ones again how far from the center we were. No driver was found and the only one that took us told us to cancel again because its to far away.
    A problem appears and a solution is given to you by this organized country. A motorcycle-taxi, lucky for us hehe
    We decided to call chun first to ask how much a ride usually costs. He offered to help us with the negotiation and we gladly accepted. We walked over to a driver in orange west, handed him the phone, let them negotiate, got on the bike and drove into the night.
    Cruising through the city of pattaya, absolutely vibin and with complete trust in our driver.
    We enjoyed the amazing view on all the houses and shops and the adrenaline not only inbetween the cars and other 100 motorcycles, also while almost crashing into 3 men falling on the street, curled up into a ball while hitting each other while a 4th guy tries to pull them apart. Our driver calmly guided us around and continued with no comment.
    He dropped us of at the restaurant where chun and lani were having their birthday dinner with the whole family and friends. At this point a huge thank you again to let us be part of this beautiful ceremony today and the celebration of you two! Much love 🫶
    The place where we had dinner was beautiful, with traditional thai dancing shows and our long longed for delicious dinner.
    We ate, we drank, we thanked and we said good night.
    We are tired but more than happy with our journey today, we did it for the plot. (Iykyk)
    Good night to you readers, I hope you enjoyed my story.
    Ciao

    Written and directed by :
    Joy the Tourist
    Read more