Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Halfway through Singapore

    August 30, 2015 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 32 °C

    I feel as if I should be writing a food blog as well or instead as one as most of the things I note generally revolve around eating.
    But yesterday we went for a walk through to Raffles place and the waterfront. Was amazingly muggy and hot - although I fear today will be worse - through the afternoon and evening. Instead of walking down streets we tended to jump from airconditioned building to airconditioned building just to excape the heat!
    We got fantastic ice blocks full of real lychee and mango pulp and fibres, which were delicious, before continuing down past the Merlion and along the waterfront restaurants. We past tall skyscrapers and banks down town, before coming to a more formal Hawker market for lunch. We had fresh spring rolls, dumpling noodles, dim sum, siew Mae, bok choy and fresh fruit smoothies.
    Upon returning mid afternoon to our hotel room, we decided to go for another walk through the shops at the next door Bugis markets building. I bough mangosteins, salak fruit and rambutan which we quickly took home and devoured - all but the either awful, underripe or both salak fruit.

    After spending another hour or two relaxing at the hotel and skyping home we left for an evening in the treetop lights by the Marina Bay Sands Hotel, light shows in Marina Bay and dinner at a rediculously overpriced and very very average Thai streetside restaurant. The home for a well needed sleep!
    Read more