Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Royal Prague Day 3

    October 22, 2015 in Czech Republic ⋅ ⛅ 7 °C

    Headed for the Hadrany District, to the Royal Palace & Upper Town where the most privileged nobleman lived. Two hour tour through the cathedral and castle grounds, culminating at the Charles Bridge for those who want to follow the royal walk. We'd loved it yesterday so we got off and meandered back to the hotel. There we joined an afternoon tour of Jewish Prague. The history is fascinating and we were brought into two synagogues, one now a museum and the other exquisitely paneled, still in use.

    This evening we went to two classical concerts. The first, we thought would be in a church, but was instead in a room upstairs. It was very disappointing, being a saxophonist, a pianist and one singer. Upon leaving we walked past Smetana Hall, where the Prague Philharmonic performs. The timing was just right to catch the 8pm show and so we dashed in. The String performers presented the entire Vivaldi Four Seasons and Pachabel. It was wonderful. Afterwards, we went to a mussel restaurant... Nice atmosphere but so so mussels. We learned on the cruise that these landlocked countries do meat far better than fish.
    Read more