Satellite
  • Day 29

    Our last night in town

    May 22, 2018 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    As the last touches of spring sunshine linger on the snow-covered mountains we celebrate our final night in Victoria, on Canadian soil. It’s been a buzz, a wonderful thirty days abroad.

    With a more than adequate meal at The Local Sheree and I recounted the highlights. We’ve seen the plenty of spring weather, from below zero with snow and ice to above thirty, hot and dry. We’ve absorbed the majesty of the Rockies, the rolling Prairies, overflowing rivers, huge green forests and rocky shores, little villages in back country Alberta to downtown CBDs!

    The Canadians are wonderful people. They are a kindred spirit, like cousins across the Pacific. There is a real caring, sensitive awareness of others, of society, of environment, of community, of living - positive to witness.

    Victoria, you’ve been great. Canada, we love you. RVing, what a way to go. Getting out of the work habit for a time, to travel, always shows us much, helps us appreciate what we have, and most importantly gives us an Itch for more.

    I have to admit, though, our most important task ahead, is to meet and cuddle our newest grandchild, Juliette Rose. We can’t wait to meet you!!
    Read more