Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 61

    Sydney and our Aussie fam

    November 17, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    I lost my friend, Anna, in 2020. We had planned to meet in Brissie on our pre-covid trip, which was cancelled. We were the same age and had known each other since we were 6. I knew being here, and not seeing her, would be a heartbreaker.

    Back in October we caught up with John, Anna’s hubby and yesterday we caught up with Anna’s daughters, Mel & Helen (plus Luke and adorable Florence).

    In truth we didn’t really know each other, but after a little time together, it felt like being with family. Anna would have loved it ❤️

    We’ve been lucky enough to visit Sydney before, and yet the impact of seeing the bridge and the opera house, gets you each time. The setting is iconic, stunning, unreal.

    Mel and Helen treated us to a very grown up meal at Cafe Sydney (thanks so much guys). The food was a-maz-ing, pics of artistic plates obligatory!

    The view was also incredible, looking out over the harbour and during lunch we were treated to some pretty extreme weather as the harbour cycled between sun, rain, thunder, hail, sun!

    After lunch we made our way to the Sydney aquarium on a ferry from circular quay, but by the time we got there the place was closed! C’est la vie!

    The weather had shifted again at this point, blowing a hooley, so we staggered into a cafe for a warming brew before saying our goodbyes.

    Great day, great company ❤️
    Read more