Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 63

    Singapore Saturday

    November 19, 2022 in Singapore ⋅ ☁️ 27 °C

    Weird partially awake sleep after our flight, going back three hours feels more disruptive than it should.

    Anyway, after a ploddy start, we found our way via a walkway, to a massive shopping centre. As well as the usual suspects, there were designer labels I’d never heard of. Seems Singapore loves to shop.

    The early rain had stopped, so we walked what felt like a long way on hot, tired legs, finally finding our way to Marina Bay Sands Hotel. That’s the three part skyscraper, with a massive platform on top.

    Our tummies were complaining, still on Aussie time, so we ate a mix of lunch/tea/dinner in a food court in the hotel shopping area.

    We love a vista, so up we went to the viewing platform. It’s not the highest building, but you get a great view and perspective of the area.

    There was a packed bar on the upper viewing level, with thumping rave music (this was at 3pm!) and lots of pretty (and tipsy) young things were enjoying the vibe. A place to be seen I guess.

    I was flagging by then (being neither pretty, tipsy or young!), so we went back to our room for a short rest, before our evening explorations.

    This place really comes alive at night, so we had to venture out again, this time to see what we call the techno trees (proper name Supertree Grove).

    We had a good old wander around, then eventually made our way back to base via the MRT (metro). This took longer than expected due to a few mishaps with platform selection and direction of travel!

    I was very pleased to kick off my shoes and rest my weary feet 😅
    Read more