Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Next destination

    February 26 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    Left Scamander Sanctuary site this morning, en route to Launceston. Had a wander around the nearby town of St Helen’s for a bit, then headed inland and west from our location on the east coast, taking in a couple of look out points as we went.

    This trip was on the A3, suggesting a good tarmac road (which it was). What we didn’t know was that the road would wind its way through the mountains and forest, hairpin turn after hairpin turn, snaking through, with a constantly changing, uneven camber. Add to this Sheila’s own bounce and sway and it was not the most comfortable of rides for the passenger 🤢 or driver, as it went on for a good 2 hours or more.

    So you can imagine the relief we felt, reaching our final destination for the night, the Big4 campsite in Launceston. We did our usual arrival duties, Col plugging in cords and hoses, me getting things ready for the evening etc.

    Just as Col had sat down for a well earned beer, I plugged in the kettle for a much needed cuppa but the kettle wasn’t working. Not wanting to appear stoopid, I checked the plug, internal panel switches etc but all was as it should be - and yet no leccy…..
    Read more