Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    St John's Wood, London, UK

    May 31, 2019 in England ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    We made it! After a two hour delay, the pilot finally showed up. He had all the lame excuses covered, airplane went mechanical, slow ATC, sick passenger, you name it. I have used them all and could see right through it. Once Dave got on board we got moving pretty soon and we left the smoke filled skies of Calgary behind us.

    Dianne and I sat beside each other and over the course of our conversation she discovered that within the last year, I had lost the universal power adapter we bought on a previous trip. No problem, we could buy a new on from the on board duty free, just like last time. We can buy one, but not without being reminded of all the things I have lost over the past 40 years of flying. The list is long and Dianne rememberers every shirt, sweater, underwear, shoes, glasses, earphones, book, etc. 40 years is a long time and there are going to be some casualties.

    We spent the remainder of the day walking. St John’s Wood is a quaint English area. The buildings are old, many have the corner pub ( overflowing on a Friday evening). We walked through Regents Park ( one of Toms favourite walks). We walked down Oxford street sightseeing the high end stores. At the end of the day we had logged over 31,000 steps!

    Ladies; as you can see Dianne lost no time finding the elliptical machine to do her workout!
    Read more