Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    We are in Denmark

    June 6, 2019 in Denmark ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    Today, we booked a tour with SPB. Our guide Paul was just outside the ship as promised. The group was small, 20. It is a gorgeous day. Our first stop is in the harbour of The Little Mermaid. Paul gives us the details of the story but it ends badly.
    Our next stop is the canal. This we where we saw the Queens yacht and the special meeting spot for the family to to board the yacht. However the most interesting story here was the army jeeps decorated with vines, flowers and balloons. It is high school grad! The tradition is for the grads who have gone to school together ride to each other’s homes, drinking and partying and finally ending up in the town square to dance around the monument. Sadly this is a picture I missed!
    We next stopped at the Royal Family’s home. It is nice, maybe a little understated but then we weren’t invited inside. After that we put on blue booties and walked through another Royal residence; Christiansborg Palace and is where state dinners and meetings are attended. Magnificent, every room is decorated different but so elegant. The dining room table holds 52 people; imagine setting that table! The history of the Danish royals are depicted everywhere; tapestries, pictures, chandeliers and paintings.
    Read more