Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Day-1 @Prague

    December 26, 2023 in Czech Republic ⋅ ☁️ 10 °C

    After getting up a bit late in the morning, we decided to have our lunch at Govinda restaurant, which is near to Florenc. Although the path through Metro would have been much faster, we decided to take a Tram to Florenc from Kobilisy, thanks to the escalator experience. It took around 1 hr 15 mins to reach out destination, and we were trying to hurry as the restaurant shall close at 14:30.
    We huffed and puffed our way to this restaurant just to get to know that unfortunately, it was closed due to Christmas holidays. Disappointed, we were set to return to Florenc, but stumbled upon an amazing Italian restaurant - Alforno Trattoria Italiana. The ambience: Nice and cozy, the food tasted fabulous here, and the staff were very friendly.
    After having a sumptuous meal here, we set off to explore Prague around the area of Namesti Republiky - The city's central square (The name translates to The Republic Square) at the evening. We roamed around the Prasne Brany - a famous and scenic Gateway, and around the Jewish Quadrant, and the Paris street, which is was adorned with many expensive designer shops. The whole city seemed to have been immersed in sparkling light everywhere, which was very pretty to watch!
    Then we reached near the famous city Museum, where a mini-Christmas market was also available. The overall scenery was so pretty - Museum adorned in lights, lots of shops selling so many different things, the ' I ❤️ Prague ' souvenir shop, the big Christmas tree in the middle and the Ice-skating rink. We spent our rest of the evening trying out each thing available here, went up the museum stairs (museum was closed) and the street locked dazzling 🤩. Since we were trying out many things to eat as well, we were not very hungry. We decided to have something substantial so that we won't feel hungry in the night, so we wanted to go to a restaurant. We ate our dinner at 'Namaste India', which offered just the same stable food that we required - Dal-Chawal (rice and lentil soup).
    Satisfied with our dinner, we retired for the day and returned to our stay at Sîdliste Cimîce.
    Read more