Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Kliening - Austria with the family

    July 2, 2016 in Austria ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    I met up with my sister and her family in Austria for a few days. After they picked me up in Graz, we went on to find the 5 star rated chalet she booked online. The gps in they're rental car was pre-set to exclude all toll roads. So it took us on the scenic route. Then onto a dirt road. After 5 km, and during a major thunderstorm, we turned back to the main road and called the rental agency for help. It took us another 30 minutes of nail biting before we reached a new group of homes, so high that we felt like we were on top of the world. Nice find Sis!

    Day 1 - The Caves
    Well, we drove all day using thr gps in the car to find the caves, and once again found ourselves on a dirt road heading into a cow pasture. So we called the car hotline to fix it, and 3rd tmes a charm, they told us to call the concierge service to find a BMW service centre. To our surprise, there was one nearby, about 15 km away. It took 4 people to understand the problem, and a technician 10 seconds to fix it. Now in our defense, we were unable to access the area the technician had to get to, to fix the problem. We then went to fill the tank before picking up the boys at the F1 race and heading out for some pizza.

    Day 2 - Shopping in Graz
    We went shopping in Graz. It was a beautiful day. We laughed, shopped, ate, and are now ready to drop. We thought we'd do Chinese tonight.

    Day 3 - The Caves & Tree Top Walk
    We're trying the caves again today, now that the gos is fixed, and we made it! Well worth the wait. Then we did a 2.5 km hike to the tree tops in Pagau. A great way to see some sites and get exercise.

    Day 4 - To Germany for a few days.
    Read more