Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    Carrión de los Condes

    July 23, 2021 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    On the road at 6 after a hot night with poor sleep in Frómista. Easy day today, 10 miles. We were done by noon. Overcast and windy most of the walk, but it has since cleared up.

    We had two routes possible this morning. One mostly along a secondary highway and the other, a little longer, through the fields. Easy choice, except the nature walk we took has no coffee or food! So we walked most of the way until the paths rejoined where we found only coffee and pastry. Sugar buzz was profound.

    It was there at the coffee place that I found the money I should have put in the envelope tied to my pack for the forwarding company, was still in my pocket. Fortunately, a young woman we had seen at different stops spoke both Spanish and English fluently and helped straighten things out with a couple of phone calls. Pack was delivered, and all is well.

    My ankle continues to hold up and improve. I guess it’s true, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

    The countryside we are walking through now is distinctly unremarkable. Imagine walking through the rolling wheat fields of eastern Washington, except it’s flat. There are a few more days of this to get through until we get to Galacia province.

    The singing nuns were silent due to covid, but we saw an art exhibit at the cloister. On to Terradillos de los Templarios.
    Read more