Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Terradillos de los Templarios

    July 24, 2021 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Today was the longest walk we have done, 15.5 miles. We’re really getting in shape. It was also special in that there were no towns for 10 miles starting out. We bought some food to take along the night before, but NO COFFEE!! It was brutal.

    The countryside remains pretty uninspiring. Wheat fields, with harvest going strong, and occasional fields of sunflowers. What has been interesting until recently are the numerous towns and villages we walk through. But for the last couple of days, the villages have been sparse and the countryside blah. We’re getting back into more frequent villages now, and the countryside will get more interesting after Leon.

    Speaking of which, we should be arriving in Leon in a couple of days. We’re planning to have a layover day there to see the city and rest up.

    Tonight we’re staying at a combo albergue/hotel just outside of the town . It’s modern and nice, but not much character. Weather has been fantastic for walking. It’s been upper 70’s to lower 80’s for the last few days and is forecast that way for the next week.

    Tomorrow, another big walk day to El Burgo Ranero. Hopefully I’ll have some more interesting photos to post.
    Read more