Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Zeehan

    September 10, 2022 in Australia ⋅ 🌧 8 °C

    We planned to spend the night at Corinna and headed down the Western Explorer Highway which is mainly unsealed road. You get areas of bitumen when your going up or down a steep windy section.

    We stopped at an area next to the road at Donaldson River and cooked toasted sandwiches in the rain 🌧 before continuing onto Corinna.

    It had been raining steadily all morning and once we got to Corinna it had really set in. The Campsites there were tiny and very wet (you really needed gumboots!) We had paid for a site (which was way too expensive for what it was! Especially when you had to pay for showers as well 🙄) so we decided to continue on instead. Bart went in and asked for our money back (I was too chicken 😄) and he paid for us to get across the Fatman Ferry and we continued on.

    It took about 40 minutes to get to Zeehan where we found the one and only caravan park has closed as a caravan park and only has cabins! After looking around the town (which was dead!) We had the option of a bed at the Cecil Hotel or back at Zeehan Bush Camp, we headed back there and booked a cabin for the night.

    A hot shower was very much appreciated.

    We wouldn't bother coming down that way again, it was probably the best day to do it though, with the weather the way it was. Because it's all very much the same, not much to see on the way. Corinna was certainly not worth the money either, the walks may be good but was way too wet for us to do them.
    Read more