Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Gordon River Cruise

    September 12, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 8 °C

    Today we headed out on the Gordon River Cruise, we splashed out and decided to purchase the premium tickets which gave you top deck seating (large recliner chairs, angled towards the windows) and all your food and drinks. We weren't sure if we'd done the right thing till we went on it today, and it was worth the money.

    We loved the cruise, departing at 8:30 this morning. They had breakfast items for us first thing, before taking us out to Hells Gate. Just incredible the walls that were built by convicts to naturally dredge the entrance to Macquarie Harbour.

    Then back past Sarah Island and Grummet Rock before entering Gordon River where the boat was changed over to electric engines so we cruised down the river quietly.

    We stopped at Heritage Landing first for a walk around the untouched rainforest then continued onto Sarah Island (having lunch on the way). Sarah Island was so interesting, a tiny island that has seen so much!

    Then headed back to Strahan. The Cruise took 6 hours and we had 4 seasons today. Started in the sunshine, then rain and wind (a couple of times!) And then hail/sleet twice!

    Such a great day. So glad we went. But I have no idea how I'm going to choose only 10 photos 🤷🏽‍♀️
    Read more