Satellite
  • Day 41

    Clarke Quay

    February 20, 2017 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    At about 9:30 or 10:00pm we - Youngmin, Lu, and I - left the hostel in search of food. We went over to Clarke Quay, because as Lu only has one night I thought it was a great place to see! And they're open late so it was a logical decision. And, now that I was actually awake I was able to absorb the beauty of the place! And the ambiance, too bad that my partners weren't in a party mood, because that would be a great place to do it. If I were rich :p

    After wandering for a while looking at various menus and not really seeing anything we were interested in / that was still open we met a local couple... I'm still not entirely sure how that conversation started but I thought I heard him say something - not a clue what - and I turned around to ask him to repeat himself. He was slightly intoxicated so didn't even remember what he had said haha. But, it turned out to be a good thing I stopped to talk to him! Him and his partner took us to a restaurant that was still serving food. A soup house? The most normal thing on the menu was pork ribs in a spicy broth. We also ordered a vegetable dish and some rice noodles to go along with it. Or rather, our new friend ordered for us after confirming that we'd eat it. What a guy! His partner was clearly ready for bed but put on a good front for us ahaha. I will not be forgetting them anytime soon I'm sure :p in fact, I exchanged numbers with them, maybe we'll even meet again. Absolutely hilarious. Anyway, we parted ways around 12:30am and went back to the hostel and straight to bed.
    Read more